2012 Legacy 2.5i Premium suspension options

Reaction score
Hi all! Just joined the forum, but thought I’d jump right into researching the improvements I’d like to make for my 2012 Legacy.

The car has a little over 200k miles, and we were expecting to be trading it in soon, but my wife remembered a “lifetime powertrain warranty” from the dealer, and we’ve got a complete cvt replacement!

Were now looking to put some money into the car and I want to see what my options are.

We know we want to replace the suspension, probably with new sway bars. I want a safe and stable ride with less body roll, but I’d also like to increase ground clearance if possible (and do anything else to make the car a bit more off road capable). Can we do that without compromising reliability and longevity?
I called Primitive Racing, and they don’t recommend their 1.5” kit for the outback as it will cause problems down the road.
Has anyone else on this forum tried this? Any recommendations?

Ask a Question