2011 Tribeca: Thoughts? Reliability?

Reaction score
Saw a 2011 Tribeca with 90K miles for $10,000. Took it to a mechanic and they said everything looked pretty good.
  • Some rust on the transmission pan that’ll have to be replaced at some point.
  • A strut that isn’t terrible now, but will need to be replaced eventually.
  • weatherstripping under the hood, below the wipers needs to be replaced. It’s currently fastened via zip tie.
  • Hard weather stripping (?) that’s at the bottom of the windshield area, kinda goes underneath plastic molding is slipping out.
  • Previous owner replaced control arms.
Other than that, everything looks great and runs great. One owner. Clean carfax. No accidents. No sign of body work.

I’ve seen mostly great comments about this car with the auto transmission. Heard from a knowledgeable “car person” that said in general, they’re bad car’s with expensive issues.

what say you folks? Just looking for a safe, reliable car for me, my wife, and our one year old. I understand it’s a 9 year old car and will require some maintenance. Just don’t wanna buy a money pit. My wife will also be driving it once offices reopen from COVID in NJ.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Last edited:

Ask a Question