2011 Driver side wheel movement.

Reaction score
Good morning. I'm new here and need some help. I have a 2011 Legacy 2.5L Premium. When driving it produces a popping or banging sound and when breaking the drivers side front wheel moves. I have since replaced all brake parts and the Drive Axle. this did nothing to help. There is no play in the wheel assembly that i can feel. any ideas?

Stop driving the vehicle until all the control arms / ball joints and shock mounts / bushings are inspected.
If unsure, have a professional inspect the suspension components.

Stop driving the vehicle until all the control arms / ball joints and shock mounts / bushings are inspected.
If unsure, have a professional inspect the suspension components.

Thank You. The subframe was rotted out at the control arm mount. After replacing the subframe, all is good. sadly, the state safety inspection missed it.

Bring the subframe or take images, mention that issue and get their attention. It is sad and dangerous.
Glad that replacement is completed, get an decent undercoating done and maintain it for the future.
When control arms are torqued, the mounting hardware is torqued with the weight on the wheels.
The bushing position and torque is critical to lessen the tear on the bushings.

Ask a Question