2011 Forester engine replacement

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Forester with a FD25 engine that has siezed. Will any FD25 fit this car, or am I limited to the same model year?

Contact the dealer and give them the VIN. Their listing(s) will have access to the correct model years that engine will fit.
With the correct information and model year fitment, a vehicle recycling or scrap yard will have the listing you need.
Stick with the correct series engine.

I have a 2011 Forester with a FD25 engine that has siezed. Will any FD25 fit this car, or am I limited to the same model year?
I was hoping that Subaru had fixed the aluminum head gasket problems I've had about 20 of them everyone were either cracked or totally done where I had to replace the entire engine .... the newest I've ever had is a 08 which I have right now and I put an engine in that one also!...I did an extensive search because I've purchased many engines for many cars in my life and I found one at a place in St. Cloud Minnesota called Pam's auto go to pamsauto.com 1-800-560-7336 or 320-363-9205 talk to Randy these guys were great!... I've got 50,000 miles on the engine now pulled a big U-Haul with it from upper Michigan to Texas and from Texas to southern Florida I drive this car 80 to 100 miles an hour🤪 & this engines been totally awesome !!!

Ask a Question