New to Forums, Oil leak on 2011 Forester

Reaction score
Hello all! I have an oil leak that 3 shops have failed to fix thus far on my 2011 Forester with about 105k miles on it. It is directly above the exhaust on the passenger side of the vehicle that drips and makes the car smell real bad when driving. Its leaking enough that I'm practically out of oil after about 2k miles driven.

First shop believed the valve cover gasket was leaking and replaced at roughly 100k mark in March. Second shop claimed there was no oil leak and A/C compressor was shot and causing the burning smell I get in the cabin. Third shop claimed it was the front cover gasket; Issue continued, they then replaced the valve cover gasket again and issue is still present. I was told next step is to attempt head gaskets, but was told that was a $6,000 service which sounds very high to me.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm getting very tired of throwing money at this but don't have the tools or space to work on the car on my own and make sure I get it done right. So having information for a specific repair request would be very much appreciated.

OilLeak1.PNG
OilLeak2.PNG

Ask a Question