2001 rear control arm replacement

Reaction score
I slid sideways into a curb in my 2001 outback. The rear trailing controll arm (the main peice the brake rotor is attached to. Kind of looks like an hourglass) is bent and I need to find a replacement, but production stopped in the US. Does anyone know somewhere that sells them without having to import one?

Contact a local parts supplier but request the part number and or image of the control arm for reference.
Recently, this supplier shipped a part(s) that was far less expensive than the dealer quote.
https://www.amayama.com/en
When replacing the new control arm, make sure the total weight of the vehicle is setup safely (ie: old wheel rims, blocks, etc.) with wheels mounted so that the bolts / bushings are correctly torqued into place.
This will setup the bushings correctly so they do not tear when the arm is adjusted / placed in the compressed position.

A used one (good condition) may help but question if the bushings are replaceable.

Ask a Question