2001 Forester: Turbo Install

Reaction score
Hello, all, I'm looking into upgrading my STi's Turbo, and assuming the old one is still viable I and my girlfriend think it'd be super rad to shove it into our 2001 Forester. Obviously, it's a lot more complicated, we need to get the piping, oil and vacuum lines, etc, but I'd really like to put a top mount intercooler in because I think a functional scoop would be cool. Does anybody have any insight into either installing a turbo into an '01 Forester in general or what hoods with scoops fit?

We're already getting ready to do head gasket work, but as long as we have the engine apart and seeing as I'm already about to have a paperweight shaped (and still working) like a turbo, I can make a happy coincidence work out in our favor. But, with preliminary searching, I'm not sure how to move forward with a hood with a scoop to support a top-mount.

Ask a Question