Why am i overheating?

Reaction score
I drive a 99 forester. I hit a deer about a month ago. replaced radiator, and fans, couple other things, but nothing too major, so we thought. after all the damage(?) was fixed, took her out for a test run, about 4 miles into it, rapid over heat. limped her back to home. replaced thermostat to one with a bubbler, water puimp looked fine, flushed system, took her out, same problem. Read thru some forums, figured, replacing head gaskets should do the trick. as well as pulling out the stuff for the AC that never worked since I got her back in January. finally got engine back together this morning, took her out, and still overheating, tho in slightly different ways. dont know what else to try. I love this car, she's my baby.......what else could it be?

Correct thermostat?
Correct radiator?
Do the cooling fans operate?
Has the cooling system been bled of trapped air?
And the water pump looks ok? never tested the flow?
The foam covers between the radiator and body are still intact?

I drive a 99 forester. I hit a deer about a month ago. replaced radiator, and fans, couple other things, but nothing too major, so we thought. after all the damage(?) was fixed, took her out for a test run, about 4 miles into it, rapid over heat. limped her back to home. replaced thermostat to one with a bubbler, water puimp looked fine, flushed system, took her out, same problem. Read thru some forums, figured, replacing head gaskets should do the trick. as well as pulling out the stuff for the AC that never worked since I got her back in January. finally got engine back together this morning, took her out, and still overheating, tho in slightly different ways. dont know what else to try. I love this car, she's my baby.......what else could it be?
Sounds like trapped air to me.

Ask a Question