2017 AC Issue... Please Help!!!

Reaction score
2017 Forestor with 90,000 miles... The AC is not working. The fans blows, the button is pushed and the orange indicator turns on. The Compressor does not click on. We swapped relays to a known good. Did not activate. Unplugged the compressor wire and ran a jumper straight from Battery and the compressor/clutch activated. Check fuses to relay and did not find any, but not sure which fuse would protect the relay. So I either have an issue from the relay to compressor, or signal to the relay??? Is there a common place to look for a broken/grounded wire? Is there a safety system that prevents the compressor from running without coolant? I have not checked AC pressures yet as the compressor was not turning. So if it is not a wire/signal issue then I am curious if it is a pressure safety switch issue> If that is even a thing...

Never mind. I found the answer. I am guessing low AC pressure or a bad pressure switch is the issue.

Ask a Question