Warning

Reaction score
I am sorry to post this but Subaru is done

Be careful of 2016 outback models and maybe more
Our engine needs $6000 dollars of work after 108,000 highway miles
Every maintainence milestone was met and these problems happened after they had just done $700 worth of work

Also, Subaru dealership practices are horrendous
The dealership we bought from went through three owners and was accused multiple times of charging for work that was not needed or performed
I encountered this years before at another Subaru dealership with my first subie 20 years ago
Told me I needed new gators or whatever the rubber is called that holds grease for the suspension
Brought it to my real mechanic who cleaned them up and said they were fine
I filed a complaint but it was too late, new ownership

My wife is a nurse in a major city and travels thirty five miles to work on an unlit highway
After a brutal year the one thing we thought we could depend on failed us miserably
And so did Subaru

I now have to warn the people I recommended the vehicles to to get rid of them before they are worthless like ours
The repairs would have meant nothing to Subaru but gouging people in the middle of a shit show is more important

We were told the engine will go 200,00-250,000 with routine maintenance when they sold us the car
With $1000 service contract that was useless

Nice job subaru, or should I say Toyota
You killed the brand

How do these people sleep at night

Ask a Question