A Helpful Warning or Something Less

Reaction score
Yesterday, I received an email from “StarLink” stating:

“We were notified via SUBARU STARLINK® that the Blind-Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic System light is on in your Crystal White Pearl 2021 Forester (VIN: JF2xxxxxxxxxx).
We can help you with that.
The Blind-Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic System light indicates there might be a potential problem with your vehicle's peripheral sensors, they may not be operating. Please contact your Subaru Retailer as soon as possible.”

I’m skeptical at the least as this has the appearance of a “scare tactic” to get the car into the dealership where I’m betting they will find nothing more than an intermittent or have some other explanation to shift focus away from the validity of this detection. I’m open for input, regardless of my suspicions, but I’m over 70 and have observed how conveniently this kind of messaging works completely in favor of the provider. Has anyone found these messages to be ACCURATE and DEPENDABLE devoid of other motives?

Thanks!

I have found the emails from Starlink to be legit and useful to head-off problems.

Ask a Question