2015 Outback: At temp, vehicle dynamics, brake warning pop up

Reaction score
AT Temp, ABS, Vehicle Dynamics, and Brake lights illuminate on dash during city driving. Highway driving the lights do not illuminate. When lights come on, shifters and cruise control will not operate. Brakes, CVT, etc all work normally while illuminated, have not been able to determine if antilock braking is while on. My older code reader shows no codes, but it is older than the car. Resets after car sits for over an hour. 208000 miles, rear bearings replaced in Oct 22, noticed issue about 6 weeks later. Any ideas?

You need a much better scan tool that can view all of the recorded faults.
Test the battery and alternator output (current and voltage).
Have a shop test the alternator for too much AC ripple.
Find all the ground connections from the battery negative post, to the engine and all the body ground points. Clean all the ground points and cables.
FOXWELL or similar is one choice and you don't want an OBD-II Generic Scan Tool.
It's best to revisit the wheel bearing installation, a defective ABS sensor will create the issues that are mentioned.

You need a much better scan tool that can view all of the recorded faults.
Test the battery and alternator output (current and voltage).
Have a shop test the alternator for too much AC ripple.
Find all the ground connections from the battery negative post, to the engine and all the body ground points. Clean all the ground points and cables.
FOXWELL or similar is one choice and you don't want an OBD-II Generic Scan Tool.
It's best to revisit the wheel bearing installation, a defective ABS sensor will create the issues that are mentioned.

Well, took me a bit of time to get around to it. I did buy a Foxwell, and a huge help with sorting out the codes. I did put in new ABS sensors in the rear, that did seem to do the trick for the abs light, however, the AT temp, brake, and Vehicle dynamics stayed on. Wiring checked out, and I had been hesitant about spending $800 for a valve body especially as the cars performance did not seem to be affected. Thank God for a mild winter in NJ as traction and and were never really needed. However, I did overcome my hesitation, installed the new valve body assembly, and now all the lights are gone, all the codes are cleared, and I have my cruise control back. For anyone else fearing cracking open the transmission, it may sound daunting, but really was not difficult. Just keep everything as clean as possible while you do it. Even found a local dealer that gives 10% off on internet part purchases and picked it up to save shipping….yes I am cheap, but it all helps on an $800 part

Ask a Question