Voice on phone transmission poor quality

Reaction score
In the last few months people on the other end of my phone calls have complained that they can't understand me. I thought it might be the car's mic, but they say it sounds like the signal is breaking up. The dealer was of no help. Cell signals in my area can be weak, but when I turn off bluetooth and use the cellphone's speakerphone, it clears up the matter. This makes me think it's the bluetooth connection, but it plays music just fine and I also have the same problem when it's plug into the USB connection.

Has anyone ever have a mic go bad? Seems far-fetched to me.

There are no dealer details included.
Identify your radio's make and model with software version.
Contact the dealer if there is an update for the radio unit.
Remove the paired device, restart the radio and pair again.
If the microphone is still not working with a "close phone call", beg borrow or steal a temporary microphone to test.
A radio / electronics service shop can test the microphone without the installed radio or attach a temporary one.
Depending on the schematic and version, one version is connected via a CAN network controller.
An error with a network controller / harness or microphone can be a possible error(s).

Identify any recalls here.

You're welcome

Attachments

• 7 Inch dispaly w_Amplifier w_Telematics.pdf
    45 KB · Views: 2
  • 7 Inch dispaly w_Amplifier.pdf
    63 KB · Views: 4
  • 7 Inch dispaly w_out_Amplifier.pdf
    58.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Versions.png
    Versions.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 3