Can't find dealer invoice pricing on any websites

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Been a few years since I bought a new car and my son is looking to get a new Impreza to replace the used 2018 we got for him for college 6 years ago. So I went out searching on the web and neither Consumer Reports nor Edmunds had dealer invoice pricing that I could purchase (that I could find at least).
Does anyone know of any web sites that still offer that? Any sites I found just lead to contacting a dealer for their "best" price.

I've always enjoyed the haggle of working up from dealer invoice/cost .. but in today's market it may be moot. Dealers have told me Subaru just informed them they are cutting back on the Imprezas due to the chip shortage so there is a shrinking number of new Imprezas available.
I live in south central NY and contacted a number of dealers in my area. One I have dealt with the past has Imprezas listed at $1000 off MSRP, but didn't have what we were looking for. Another dealership was marking theirs up $3000 over MSRP!
We do have a "reserve" on one that meets our needs coming in April, and the dealer is selling it at MSRP. In a normal world paying MSRP would be considered paying too much, but right now it doesn't seem like such a bad deal by comparison.
We don't have to buy immediately but it doesn't seem like the chip shortage causing the supply shortage is going to ease up anytime soon.

Ask a Question