Vibration in steering wheel at two speeds

Reaction score
2018 Subaru Forrester. Last winter hit a pothole left front wheel - which may be irrelevant. Had wheels balanced twice, once at local shop, once at Subaru. I think I miss stated what I wanted done, should have requested them to test car and then fix. Requesting wheels to be balanced results in the wheel being place on the machine, pulling all weights off and balancing the wheel with new weights. If it was not a balance issue the real problem nothing resolved. What possible explanation?

Bent rim, damaged tire, damaged / bent control arm (ball joint or bushings) or drive shaft.

Whether or not the first two result in vibration probably depend on extent of damage and might not be solved by rebalance. I will take the car into Subaru for analysis.
Thanks for the hints.

2018 Subaru Forrester. Last winter hit a pothole left front wheel - which may be irrelevant. Had wheels balanced twice, once at local shop, once at Subaru. I think I miss stated what I wanted done, should have requested them to test car and then fix. Requesting wheels to be balanced results in the wheel being place on the machine, pulling all weights off and balancing the wheel with new weights. If it was not a balance issue the real problem nothing resolved. What possible explanation?
Check the lower control arm bushings. Had mine replaced today. Vibration gone.

Ask a Question