Transmission shifting, radio & cruse control problems

Reaction score
Hi.
I own a 2015 Subaru Outback. It has been running very good and recently it has developed 3 problems. I was wondering if they are related (ie. a computer related problem) and what could be the fix?

Problem 1. Cruse control set function does not always work when pressing the button. It does not seem to have a pattern to its faulty operation.

Problem 2. The touch screen on the radio has suddenly stop working. I can still operate all the functions of the radio by using the control buttons on the steering wheel.

Problem 3. Continuously variable transmission. About the same time the radio touch screen stopped working I noticed the gear shifting was not a smooth operation, but has changed to a distinct shift between the gears as if the vehicle was fitted with a traditional automatic transmission.

I have gone through the owner's manual and cannot find any reference to a switch or setting that may have been changed accidently.

Thank You
Shane

Find a qualified Technician with a proper scan tool, network faults should be recorded.
A failed network controller may be a cause.
The battery should be tested with the correct alternator voltage and current output.
Have the Technician test for alternator AC ripple at the battery and fuse panel side.
A proper scan tool will display the cruise functions and CVT operation through the RPM range.

Ask a Question