Towing Hitch

I paid extra for the factory subaru hitch because it looks a lot nicer and doesn't reduce ground clearance in the back. But I've also had reasonable luck with a different car just going to a full-service uhaul shop and having them install a class 3 hitch and receiver, plus whatever wiring is necessary. Do your research on the wiring, I don't know if there are reasonably priced harnesses that can plug straight into outback wiring or if a goofy control module is necessary. I didn't do my research one time and paid an installer an extra $300 for a module that they spliced into the brake wiring, when there was a perfectly suitable factory option harness plug available that would have worked with a simple wiring harness and plug. I don't know if the 2017 outback comes with such an option plug or if a control module is required, so check before you trust the installer.

Ask a Question