Subaru Legacy 2008

Reaction score
I have had starting problems since I purchased the car 6 months ago. I’ve replaced the battery, the starter 3 times, and now the alternator.

A weird thing that happens is when my head lights are on, the radio goes in and out. It’ll turn off and on over and over again every minute or so. Is this effecting the charging systems for the components listed? Is that why they are failing? I know nothing about cars and the mechanics I’m going to seem to be stumped and I’m pouring out so much money into fixing things and I’m worried it’s not fixing the main problem.

Identify the model.
Clean / test the battery negative post with the body ground point (same wire). Must be cleaned to the metal and the wire must be in perfect condition. Apply grease AFTER the connection is cleaned and tightened.
Check the ground straps between the body ground points and where the straps connect to the Engine / Transmission assembly.
Again, apply grease AFTER the connection(s) is cleaned and tightened.

Attachments

• 2008 Legacy.png
    2008 Legacy.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question