SHOULD A HEAD GASKET FROM 2022 BE LEAKING ALREADY?

Reaction score
In August of 2022, I paid more than $8,000 for emergency repairs to my 2011 Forester. I have the repair paperwork and listed repairs included "replaced Head Gaskets" and "replaced Valve Cover Gaskets." That work was done at a Suburu dealership that I don't normally go to because my usual dealership was busy and refused to even look at my car for 6 weeks. A few days ago, at my usual dealership, they said that gasket (I think they said Head Gasket) was leaking and would need to be replaced at a charge of $4,734.85. (I declined.) I know nothing about head gaskets or gaskets in general, but am wondering if my car's gaskets should already be leaking and if working on them should cost so much. (My mileage in 2022 was 121,120 and is now at 132,634.) Any advice, reactions, or suggestions? I'm planning on calling the dealership that replaced the gaskets and asking them to look at it.

Ask a Question