Bucket seats causing neck, shoulder, and leg issues

MSR

Reaction score
I posted last week about headaches from my '24 Crosstrek. Some of the other forums talked about others having issues with the bucket seats. Here is an update, but hoping that others here might be able to help. Thank you in advance!

I have a '24 Crosstrek and a '20 Outback Touring. I started having a lot of headaches and other symptoms with the Crosstrek, especially on longer drives (around an hour at speed). I've had it to the dealer several times and even called SoA. None of the techs could mimic the symptoms. My husband drove it and after 40 min had to take back streets to get home because of the symptoms. We drove the Outback 400 miles over Thanksgiving with no issues.

I spoke with my cousin who has a '23 Outback. He has removed the headrest because the seat is crippling him (neck and shoulder). We have both been in PT/ chiropractor. I think it is all related. The bucket seats for certain heights is putting you in a weird position. With the lower trim levels, the sound proofing is lower quality, so the vibrations exasperate the symptoms. I feel it immediately when accelerating onto the interstate, as my head is on the headrest.

I am supposed to be hearing from corporate in the next few days about "next steps". I haven't talked to her about the revelation with the seat & headrest. If anyone else thinks this is applicable to them, please contact me ASAP, as I think if we work together we just might get somewhere. Thank you!!!!

Ask a Question