Shopping for Roof Box

Reaction score
Hello,

I am shopping for a Roof Box for my Subaru Forester Sport. Can anybody give me suggestions regarding what factors I should consider in my purchase? I will also take suggestions on Roof Boxes. Additionally, will all Roof Boxes fit on a Subaru Forester Sport’s existing rack?

Thank you and Regards,

Shih Fa Kao

roof boxes....broad topic. what are you going to carry? how often? Will you leave the box on full-time or remove it between uses? what's your budget? Do you already have crossbars? Assuming you need crossbars, carrying soft goods up to 100lbs or so, probably best to stay with one company...Thule, Yakima, Rhino...Crossbars will cost you from $300-$500. get aero bars, not round or square. less wind noise from aero bars. you can buy bars for $100, then buy them again each year. spend more once, get quality bars, powder coated, not painted. A good box will be aero dynamic, not squared off. They can generate a LOT of noise, cheap boxes can leak. a good quality box will start around $5-600, on up to close to $2000.Mid-price give you good functionality without wasting money on fluff. they are plastic storage boxes. they don't need interior LED lights, carpet, etc. Not all will fit. each company has fitment guides so it's easy to figure out.

Ask a Question