P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I bought a 2006 Subaru outback 2.5 XT Limited Turbo EJ255 that wasn't running. The PO replaced the engine with one that had 125k on it. It would start and he just go frustrated. I wanted to start with all New Ignition coils and all new balanced injectors. That got it started but its a hard start cold or warmed up but then a smooth idle after that and runs great. I have cleared the code I am getting "P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor" and checked the one camshaft sensor i know the location of and it looks good so I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer for me.
1. How many camshaft sensors does the car have? I have read there are four but I wanted to confirm.
2. How ever many sensors it does have, where are their locations and are they different part numbers?

I know the code can be caused by several different issues but i was going to start with testing the sensors and their pigtails first and then go from there.

On a side note my ODBII reader is also picking up a proprietary code of 46B4 that I have found zilch on

Thanks in advance for the time and help

Wes

Ask a Question