Outback Lemon

Reaction score
I purchased a new Outback. Its been back to the dealer 10 times with electrical problems. It's a Lemmon. RAB , Battery, all lights on the dash come on, car shuts down to safety mode.Even the district service manager said its a lemmon and Subaru must buy it back. 42 days I went without my car when it was in the shop. The last two times they admitted they don't know what is wrong with it, so they did NOTHING. I was told to call customer service. Well over 30 days with customer service, I have called them no less than 8 times, the woman who is working on my case will not call me back. I'm getting the run-a-round. case number 1-48535552477. my Subaru won't go more than a few miles without breaking down. Last 4 times I tried to go more than 50 miles, towed to the dealer 3 times, made it back with warning lights on the 4th. Subaru, you were quick to take my money for the Lemmon, step up to the plate, refund my money!

Well after 2 years of fighting with Subaru, I got no where. History. During the first year of my New 2017 Outback I returned the car to the dealer for RAB and other electrical problems, included was one of 2 factory recalls. The dealer only deleted the history on the computer, did nothing to fix the problem. Here is the main point. At this dealer they will not give you any paperwork to prove you were there, so, you can't claim Lemon Law. This point was made point blank in previous visits. I talked to the service personal why they did not provide the paperwork. The young mad said it is "their" policy to not provide any paperwork. He went on and said, he had a lady who bought a new Forester a month earlier. She had the car in 5 times for the same problem. His said, they take here car, park it in the back for a few hours, make her wait, run the car through the car wash and send her on her way, each and every time. No paperwork, nothing done to fix the problems. He went on and bragged " NO one will ever qualify for Lemon law as long as I work here!" This information, with the persons name was given to Subaru. The District service manager knows of this person, and knows my case. The service manager told me himself, "You have a Lemon, Subaru must refund all your money". Yet, Subaru refused to comply. Now, you would think a big company like Subaru would investigate this dealer, and see everything I went through, and stand behind their product , do what is best for the customer, but NO. After 10 times in the dealer, still not fixed. Last 2 times in the dealerships, they refused to even try, as they don't know whats wrong with the car. Ended up trading the car in, not fixed, still under warranty. Lost over $14,000.- because Subaru does not stand behind the product or the customer. Unlike your adds, my car was not made with love.

Ask a Question