OBD Port not working

Reaction score
My OBD port is not working. I've checked all of the fuses and they are fine. Also, replaced the actual port. I am only receiving half power (less than 12 volts. Jumping close to 5.) What should I do now?

The first step is posting the year and model (trim level) of the Tribeca.
Then you get a schematic of the port.

Interesting. The schematics I look for mentions the Subaru SSM (Subaru Select Monitor) OEM connection.
I have the 09 Model. Yours supports OBD II and you may be looking at the proprietary Subaru SSM connection.
The standard DLC (Data Link Connector) is black in color, 16 pins but not all are being used. It is located at the left, under the dash panel.
Look at the links, files and images posted.
Pinout Guide
Service manual
View Bulkhead wiring harness B402 (if correct).
View Converted Changes.
What are you trying to accomplish?

Attachments

• Data Link Connector For SSM ONLY.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 8
  • DLC Connector.PNG
    DLC Connector.PNG
    101.2 KB · Views: 12
  • General Scan Tool OBD II.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 6
  • Bulkhead wiring harness.pdf
    196.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Converted changes.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Interesting. The schematics I look for mentions the Subaru SSM (Subaru Select Monitor) OEM connection.
I have the 09 Model. Yours supports OBD II and you may be looking at the proprietary Subaru SSM connection.
The standard DLC (Data Link Connector) is black in color, 16 pins but not all are being used. It is located at the left, under the dash panel.
Look at the links, files and images posted.
Pinout Guide
Service manual
View Bulkhead wiring harness B402 (if correct).
View Converted Changes.
What are you trying to accomplish?
The check engine light is on and sometimes blinks. There is also a error code above the odometer that says err 66 or bb.

Take a photo of the Black OBD connection under the dash panel. Try with a magnifying glass to see the PIN numbers 1 to 16.
The image will provide exactly what the PIN positions are and their duty.

Take a photo of the Black OBD connection under the dash panel. Try with a magnifying glass to see the PIN numbers 1 to 16.
The image will provide exactly what the PIN positions are and their duty.
We switched out the entire black part and still nothing so it’s not any of the pins

Actually it does and depends if the replacement is wire - to - wire and correct.
Each wire has a purpose and that is why a photo was requested. OBD II tools will work.
I have a newer model and OBD II tools are mandated in North America around 1996..
Pins 4 & 5 are ground circuits, Pin 16 is the battery 12V connection, ON at all times.
The rest? would have to view the pin connection at the DLC.

"My OBD port is not working. I've checked all of the fuses and they are fine. Also, replaced the actual port. I am only receiving half power (less than 12 volts. Jumping close to 5.) What should I do now?"

At what pin?

Ask a Question