No Start - Sensor Codes

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring that will not start but has an electronic click and then sends out the dashboard lights with no eyesight and others blinking with a check engine. When I run the code reader it comes back with PO345 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 2, PO 335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Fault and PO340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor. If I clear the codes it will usually clear all and start back up and run for a few days to weeks before doing it again. My mechanic is baffled. It has a brand new wiring harness and we just replaced all four Sensors for Cam and Crank shaft. Any ideas as to what is causing this? It does not seem to be the starter and I hate to replace timing chain if it's not it. No other symptoms except it does seem to have a bit of a rough idle when sitting still. I just noticed it the other day when I had a plant on the front seat. I had an Outback previously and did not have that happen at an idle. Gas mileage is about 26 so that seems normal too. The car has 184000 miles on it but it was Maine to Mass highway miles weekly and the previous owner had all service records which appear to have been well maintained. Any help is appreciated. No local Subaru repairs here unless it is the dealership which has historically been so very expensive, even to diagnose.
Thank you.

Ask a Question