Car won't start after changing camshaft sensor

Reaction score
My car was running just fine but the check engine light went on (along with the traction control light and the cruise control flashing). I used the OB2 reader and determined the camshaft B bank 2 needed to be replaced. Before changing the part, I removed the positive end leads that go to the starter (I would have removed the negative but I couldn't find the wrench that fit. I've sense found the wrench and have been removing the negative before doing any work). After changing the sensor and reconnecting everything, I was unable to start the car. When I turn the car to the run position, a lot of the normal lights come on in addition to the engine coolant light which flashes red/blue and there is no display of amount of fuel (not sure if this is related). When I try to start the car, nothing happens (i.e. the engine doesn't even try to turn over). I plugged the OB2 reader back in and it is unable to communicate. I've tried the following the troubleshoot but have had no luck.
(1) Putting back in the original sensor
(2) Cleaning out the sensor connection wires
(3) Resetting the ECU
(4) Confirming the wiring on the battery / starter

Any thoughts on how to fix or troubleshoot this issue?

Ask a Question