Need hidden tricks on keyless entry access

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek with the keyless entry and push button start. I had a car with this feature before I bought this one but it was an Altima. With that car, there was a simple button on the door handle that you pressed once to unlock just the driver's door, and twice if you wanted to unlock all the doors. I thought all keyless entry cars were like this. After googling this issue online for quite a while, it seems that you have to pick the setting to just open the driver's door or all of the doors with the sensor on the handle. Can you really not have it both ways?? That really sucks because it's a safety issue to have all of the doors unlock at once when getting in the car by yourself at night or something, but the other way your passengers have to stand there and wait while you physically hit the unlock button inside the car.

There are no hidden tricks.
Access to digital manual.

Function Page 25 (Page 31 in .pdf)

Keys and Doors Page Section 2 (Page 103 in .pdf)

Locking and Unlocking Section 2-6 (Pages 108 to 116 in .pdf)

Remote Keyless Entry Section 2-15 (Page 117 in .pdf)

Locking / Unlocking All Doors Section 2-16 (Page 118 in .pdf)

For that style of key, consider a "Faraday Cage" for all owned keys.

This will stop theft and the Key(s) can not be read via high frequency antennae loop

Ask a Question