Master Lock Switch Won't Open Rear Hatch

Reaction score
Greetings everyone! New to the forum.

The problem: The master lock-unlock switch at the driver and passenger doors won't unlock the rear hatch. They don't work for the rear passenger door as well. But it all works fine for both the driverside & passenger side doors as well as for the driverside rear door.

As far as the rear hatch is concerned, I've read in other forums about the little button panel located at the inside of the hatch, that there's some sort of switch in there to unlock it. I've located said button panel, removed it, but for the life of me can't locate anything that resembles a switch in there.

The weird thing is a couple of times (after this problem arose) the master lock switch DID work for the hatch. It's like a slot machine -- sometimes it'll payoff and unlock, sometimes it'll give you lemons and stay locked. It's been lemmons for a couple of weeks now.

Is the switch just bad? Bad fuse somewhere? Bad actuators? Any insight is most appreciated. Thanks!

Ask a Question