No crank no start after using shift interlock bypass switch

Reaction score
TLDR: I pressed the shift interlock bypass button and now theres a no crank no start condition.

Started the car (it started fine) but it wouldn't shift out of park. It was completely stuck. After some googling I decided to try the shift interlock bypass button, if that's what it's called. Nothing happened. It still wouldn't shift out of park, but now as I tried starting it ... Nothing. No clicking or any other noises or response. I fully charged the battery and retried but nothing changed.

I've been dealing with ongoing transmission issues and can give details if that's relevant.

The break pedal is very firm and has no give.

Year? Model? Engine?
Firm brake pedal also indicates NO vacuum to the brake booster. A non running engine produces no vacuum to the booster.
Test the safety neutral switch. It must read P, R, N and D.

TLDR: I pressed the shift interlock bypass button and now theres a no crank no start condition.

Started the car (it started fine) but it wouldn't shift out of park. It was completely stuck. After some googling I decided to try the shift interlock bypass button, if that's what it's called. Nothing happened. It still wouldn't shift out of park, but now as I tried starting it ... Nothing. No clicking or any other noises or response. I fully charged the battery and retried but nothing changed.

I've been dealing with ongoing transmission issues and can give details if that's relevant.

The break pedal is very firm and has no give.
2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5L, TR690

You'll electrical skills to test the Transmission / Engine / Immobilizer authorized start.

Attachments

• 2011 Legacy CVT 1.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2011 Legacy CVT 2.pdf
    59.9 KB · Views: 3

Ask a Question