I Don't Like Paddle Shifters

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been looking for a different way to shift up and down through the "(simulated) gears" on my 2012 Legacy 2.5i CVT, other than the inconvenient paddle shifters currently on it. Maybe by putting something on or near the console for more convenience. Does anyone have experience with this or know of someone who has done this? Ideas are always appreciated.

And a related bonus question:
Due to it being a CVT with "gears", is there a way to program more "gears" with different gear ratios, or change the ratios of the "gears" on it?

Paddles are great. I'm kind of amazed they didn't provide a "His and Hers" toggle on the shift selector, but they didn't. The manual mode does have some separate function over the auto shift.
Placing an aftermarket shifter would be expensive, complicated and just not very practical. Resetting shift points can be accomplished to an extent with the different drive mode. Sport, SI, and there is a third option on some models.
No one can be all things to all drivers and Subaru fills a niche, and does it pretty well.
Happy Obsessing.

That's great that you like them. I would really like some input on how this could be done in the version that I have, though. Thank you for replying to my post and I will look further into the shift points.

Ask a Question