Forester transmission Swap Auto to manual

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am new here but not to Subaru, had 2 Forester, on my 3rd, a 1999 2.0 s-turbo automatic european model with some upgrades. As the s-turbo never came withthe dual range transmission and I go off roading ocasionally I thought a Dual Range transmission would be a good thing so I brought a complete parts car for a swap, mechanically sound, but with lots of rust to do a Dual Range transmission swap. We finished about a week ago with the Dual Range Swap into my s-turbo. All is good, no check engine lights, starts perfect, runs great, got reverse and brake lights. My problem is that the idle is between 1500-2000 rpms and the speedometer dosen't work. Did anybody out there do a swap like this? If so did u have the same problems? How did u fix them ? I know that a pin needs to be grounded on the ECU to make the car think it is now a manual , but which PIN? Can't find anything for which PIN to ground. According to all that I could find on the internet the VSS is connected correctly, wires are the proper colors, but still doesn't work? Could the VSS be defective? Thanks to anybody that can help.

Ask a Question