2007 Forester X AT Transmission or Torque Converter Compatability

Reaction score
Hi all!

If this question has been asked, I couldn't find it, so forgive me if it's redundant. I swear I know what the search function does!

I have a 07 Forester that the TC went bad in. I got a free donor transmission from a (I believe) an 08 Impreza.

I can see that the transmissions are different. For instance the Impreza transmission has no filter on it; however, for the life of me I can't figure out which transmission is which on any websites, or if they're compatible. I assume they're not, but are the TC compatible?

I found that the Impreza probably has either a 31100AB150, 31100AB110, or 31100AB100 torque converter.
I found that the Forester probably has either a 31100AB110, or a 31100AB160?
Is there a way for me to find out which is which? Are they labeled somewhere?

Are any of them interchangeable?

I'm deep in a mire of Subaru parts numbers and absolutely any light that could be shed on the subject would be exceedingly helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi all!

If this question has been asked, I couldn't find it, so forgive me if it's redundant. I swear I know what the search function does!

I have a 07 Forester that the TC went bad in. I got a free donor transmission from a (I believe) an 08 Impreza.

I can see that the transmissions are different. For instance the Impreza transmission has no filter on it; however, for the life of me I can't figure out which transmission is which on any websites, or if they're compatible. I assume they're not, but are the TC compatible?

I found that the Impreza probably has either a 31100AB150, 31100AB110, or 31100AB100 torque converter.
I found that the Forester probably has either a 31100AB110, or a 31100AB160?
Is there a way for me to find out which is which? Are they labeled somewhere?

Are any of them interchangeable?

I'm deep in a mire of Subaru parts numbers and absolutely any light that could be shed on the subject would be exceedingly helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help!
simple
u call for a TC fir 2 vehicles
check part #s
JimTheMechanic@
yah00

Ask a Question