Dashboord noise 2005 Legacy

B

Bernie Fass

Intermittently I hear what sounds like a rattle or maybe squeaking plastic. I finally located it after searching for months. when I apply slight pressure exactly on top of the instrument panel it disappears. Every time I take it to the dealer it doesn't happen when they take it for a drive. Sometimes I don't not hear the sound for weeks. It's very annoying. Any thoughts.
Thanks

I have some intermittant ones as well in 05 Legacy. I folded a used lottery betting slip and slid it between the windshield and dash until I found the magic spot for this one.

Now onto the second (and hopefully last) one.
Intermittently I hear what sounds like a rattle or maybe squeaking plastic. I finally located it after searching for months. when I apply slight pressure exactly on top of the instrument panel it disappears. Every time I take it to the dealer it doesn't happen when they take it for a drive. Sometimes I don't not hear the sound for weeks. It's very annoying. Any thoughts.
Thanks

It could be squeaky plastic.
Try some silicone spray.

--
Bob Noble
www.sonic.net/bnoble
Intermittently I hear what sounds like a rattle or maybe squeaking plastic.
I finally located it after searching for months. when I apply slight
pressure exactly on top of the instrument panel it disappears. Every time I
take it to the dealer it doesn't happen when they take it for a drive.
Sometimes I don't not hear the sound for weeks. It's very annoying. Any
thoughts.
Thanks

Ask a Question