Rattling Noise coming from 2018 crosstrek

Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping someone may have some guidance. I have a 2018 Subaru crosstrek that has an intermittent noise occurring only when accelerating at low speeds. I have brought it to two different mechanics to see if I can get it fixed but neither place could recreate the sound and they both stated that they could find nothing wrong with the car.
I posted a recording of the noise to YouTube.

Does anyone know what this could be?

thank you!

Have the vehicle placed onto a drive-on-rack.
1) Check the body / exhaust shields including CAT converter and muffler for internal damage
2) Check all the exhaust rubber hangers and engine / transmission mounts
3) Check all the wheels for the proper wheel nut torque
4) Check all axle flanges for the correct torque / test the axle bearings
5) Check the spare wheel mounting and any tooling associated with a tire replacement
6) Check the suspension components for wear / looseness / alignment / springs and upper mounts
7) Check the under body / outer body for damage / loose parts
8) Check the trunk and under the seats for "moving items"
9) Check the drive belts (serpentine) and rollers wheels
10) Bring the "mechanic" for a drive

Hello,

I was hoping someone may have some guidance. I have a 2018 Subaru crosstrek that has an intermittent noise occurring only when accelerating at low speeds. I have brought it to two different mechanics to see if I can get it fixed but neither place could recreate the sound and they both stated that they could find nothing wrong with the car.
I posted a recording of the noise to YouTube.

Does anyone know what this could be?

thank you!

Hello,
Same problem here in my 2019 crosstrek. Wondering if you diagnosed the issue and resolved it? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Ask a Question