Coolant Leak

Reaction score
First issue was no coolant was getting into engine leading to engine overheating. Also was leaking coolant. Compression was all good so no blown gasket and the leak seemed to be from leaking radiator and that has been replaced. Most leaked fluid gathered from right side of engine bay.

That was fixed and no leaks for the first couple drives to make sure but started leaking again from left side of engine. This time coolant level was significantly lower before and after the car ran so I'm assuming definite leak. The radiator hosing didn't seem like there was any cracks and the clamps seem to be still tight as well.

Any ideas where this leak could be coming from?

What year Subaru and model? Drivers or passenger side? Water pump is on driver's side and there is a coolant bypass hose located there as well. Both known leakers. Heads always leak as we. Check back of engine for possible leak as well.

2011 Impreza, drivers side (aus spec). Water pump is on other side, quite a lot of coolant around the intake manifold close to the front of the car but I'm not sure if that would leak coolant.

What motor is in this car? Sorry been a little bit since I worked on cars. Looking it up looks like it is a 2.5L in there. There is a coolant tube that runs under the intake but I need the motor size to be sure

Ask a Question