Chasing the symptoms

Reaction score
Ok a little background... my 2012 legacy was in a small accident 9/2012. The damage include drivers side headlight. Which was replaced with a used one. 2wks ago the main beam headlight (dr.side) went out...replaced the bulb and the next day all my exterior light went off. Stopped to check, but could not put 8n park was stuck.in drive or nuet.. (figured out how to.manually shift) also when turned head light switch off the headlight indicator was still showing on, as well as, the brights indicticator The ABS light. Traction control light and the at oil.high temp light and cruise was blinking & not working next day head lights worked, indicator lights off. Except the at oil high temp light was still flashing. And still won't shift without manual bypass.
ONE MORE MENTION ... in the 2 yrs I've had the car there have been 5 -8 times where while driving all those dash light were on and no cruise worked. But it always corrected when it sat for a bit.. BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN THE AT OIL HIGH TEMP COME ON. and it's staying on! ???? Any ideas ???
Also.its always shifted nicely. Thanks

Check all the body grounds and connections on the side where the damage occurred.
Check all the ground straps located between the engine and frame. All must be clean and tight at the connection points.
Test, measure the alternator output with an AMP clamp. A volt meter will do but not accurate.
The best option is the have the entire vehicle network scanned. Any recorded faults will be a guide towards those current issues. When there are faults at the ECM, TCM, ABS, traction Control, expect the Cruise Control System to not operate.

High Oil Temp from the Automatic? Did you check the oil and look at any obstructions at the radiator? Are all the foam inserts installed beside, top and bottom of the radiator?

Ask a Question