'24 Crosstrek causes sinus pressure/ headaches

MSR

Reaction score
I bought a '24 Premium Crosstrek Sept 29. The first month I drove it back and forth to work (about 10 miles on the interstate). Towards the end of the month I really noticed how loud it was, not the engine, but the wind. Then I had to drive it from Knoxville, TN to Savannah, GA for a funeral. Around Chattanooga I felt like I was getting a sinus infection, ears started popping. I stopped south of Atl with a major headache. The next morning I was much better, but still had the pressure in my ears. As soon as I started accelerating on the on-ramp, it came back. Stopped for lunch and got a little relief. This continued the whole trip. Contacted Subaru on my way back and they opened a case.
The following week I took it back to the dealer (about 30 minutes on I-40) and the symptoms came back. I test drove another premium with the tech and as soon as we started onto 40, the symptoms intensified. He had no symptoms. I started driving our Outback and my husband would drive the Crosstrek around town. To confirm that it wasn't just me, he drove it to Chatt, except he got about 20 miles short and had to take the back roads home, because the symptoms were so intense. We took the Outback to Nashville over Thanksgiving with no issues, eliminating the change in elevation question because of 2 successful trips up and over the plateau (Knox to Chatt doesn't have much of an elevation change). Subaru sent some regional techs out to look at it earlier this week, and still nothing. Has anyone else had a similar experience/ symptoms with the '24 Crosstrek? Let me stress that I know that the lower trims don't have the noise dampening as the higher trim. While it started out as an annoying noise issue, what I realized was it is a pressure issue.
Thank you!!!

Ask a Question