2018 Impreza fuel consumption

Reaction score
Hi, I have less than 1,000 K's on a new Impreza. Average litres per 100KM is showing around 9.5, way too high.

I spoke to the salesman who said he was told in a training session to allow several thousand K's before getting a realistic fuel consumption figure. Sounds odd to me. Is he correct? If not, what can I do about the what I think is excessive consumption for a 2 litre engine driven moderately?

TIA
Greg

Hi, I have less than 1,000 K's on a new Impreza. Average litres per 100KM is showing around 9.5, way too high.

I spoke to the salesman who said he was told in a training session to allow several thousand K's before getting a realistic fuel consumption figure. Sounds odd to me. Is he correct? If not, what can I do about the what I think is excessive consumption for a 2 litre engine driven moderately?

TIA
Greg

Welcome, Is your Impreza manual or automatic?

All versions of the Impreza use a 2.0-liter flat-4 rated at 152 horsepower and 145 pound-feet of torque that’s short on passing power but furnishes acceptable around-town power. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) is optional. All-wheel drive, a Subaru hallmark, is standard across the line with little detriment to fuel economy. Imprezas with the CVT earn a commendable 30 mpg combined or higher, although the manual transmission is considerably thirstier.

Ask a Question