2011 Passenger Air Bag System Malfunction - SSRS

Reaction score
Driving in the car to a party, wife is in the passenger seat, and the air alarm starts going off like the seat belt is not buckled.
Take out the Snapon Modus, go to read the codes and the the Air Bag system doesn't respond, all the other systems (Engine/Transmission..) all respond and show codes.

Going to remove the passenger seat and check the wires, but I think it has to do with a ground being bad for 2 systems to fail and the COM not to respond.
Had it been the Air Bag CM the Drivers system would also not function, but it is the SeatBelt man goes out when you put the belt on.

If anyone has seen this before, or knows of a problem wire that could be pinched.

I see people send out the Occupation Detection Control Module for repair, is this a common piece that fails that it's worth giving it a shot and Not feel like I'm tossing cash to the furnace.

Pick a version.

Attachments

• 2011 Legacy.png
    2011 Legacy.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 2
Multi-meters are NOT allowed to test any pyrotechnic device EXCEPT for seat belt switches (buckles)
Look at the wiring under the seat. Disconnect the battery and wait 30 minutes.
Only a scan tool can test the integrity of the airbag system.
A meter will deploy the igniter. You have been warned.

Attachments

• 2011 Legacy 2.5i Air Bag 1.pdf
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2011 Legacy 2.5i Air Bag 2.pdf
    52.4 KB · Views: 3

Ask a Question