2010 engine issues

Reaction score
car died at a stoplight last night. engine would not crank over, but the starter wasn engaging. towesd it home and looked at a few things. turned the crankshaft bolt and the crankshaft and all accessory pulleys are turning. felt like the crankshaft turned to easy . so i pulled the timing cover and checked the belt and it appears to be intact. turned crankhaft again and the timing belt and cam did not move. i have never worked on a boxer engine but have done every thing imaginable to hondas toyotas and all american cars so i will tackle this problen no matter what nit is. any ideas on where to go? my guessing in order. timing belt is broke and it just looks like it isnt. 2. broken crank pulley or crankshaft. dont have service manual but will get one if needed. should mi go on and pull timing belt cover all the way off? then start on the valvecovers and maybe on to the head? am i missing something or going in the wrong direction. never worked on any suburu other than oil, filtrs and basic maint. can anyone line me out and pouint me to where i need to go. vehicle ran perfect. sounded like a sewing machine. used a half quart oil every 1000-1200 miles. 1st owner had it dealer maintained. i have owned it for three years and used only mobile one oil and filters. changed it twice a year. right before the summer heat and again bright before around thr first freeze. (may and october). it had 190,000 miles when i bought it . it now has 242,00 miles. this the first time it has ever broken down. it always has ran perfect with zero abnormal engine noise, very quiet. sorry for rambling. please help. im retired and cant afford a $3,00 or $4,000 dollar repair bill.

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_105719.jpg
    IMG_20240205_105719.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 2

Ask a Question