2005 Impreza Lift

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Impreza Outback Sport that used to a commuter. It was passed on to both my daughters to learn to drive and has a new engine now. Thinking of making it mine again since neither daughter wanted it, but would want to put a lift on it. I am a bigger guy and being low to the ground is no longer fun, plus with my personal camping and hunting activities a lift would be even further functional.

The idea of this even being possible is new to me so it is sort of information overload for me right now. I have seen some YouTube videos where people have made a switch to Forester strut towers, but these are all on different year models. I also see a few custom shops that offer machined lift spacer kits. Would like information from any enthusiast that has actually done a lift on a Subaru, my model year preferred. Just trying to weigh my options and chose the best for what I would like to accomplish. I have experience working on vehicles, but almost entirely on older trucks with carbureted engines and spring suspensions. So my knowledge on newer cars and their systems is rudimentary. Thank you in advance for your opinion and help

To the strut mount into the body? I saw a very decent YouTube video where a gentleman did the Forester strut towers lift on a 1998 Impreza. He used the strut cap to mark the adjustments to the on the Impreza and used a rotofile to open the mounting holes up for alignment. Did not seem hard, but was not actual drilling or new mounting holes. Some of what I have read suggested that ‘03-‘08 Forester struts were a direct bolt on for ‘04-‘05 Imprezas, but was not super clear. That is why I started this thread, in the hopes of getting more clear and precise knowledge and instruction from those who have actually done these conversions. Thank you for input. I will definitely take it under advisement as I formulate how I am exactly going to perform this lift

Ask a Question