2003 Wrx Clutch No pressure Car Drives and shifts w/o using clutch

Reaction score
I have lost pressure on my clutch. I replaced the Slave clutch cylinder but the clutch feels both stiff at times and with no pressure other times (just as before). Im able to start the car if i put it into gear and gas it. It also drives if i match the RPMs with the right gears and force the stick in and out of gears. (kinda dangerous). Also sometimes it starts in neutral but only if the clutch is fully extended to the floor (without pressure).

At this point im wondering if my actual clutch needs to be replace. Should I attempt to replace the master cylinder? has anyone experienced this or something similar? Im trying to avoid taking it to a shop which would cost literally thousands of dollars... /:

Air in the clutch line?? Faulty slave and/or master cylinder?? Id check those first. Be careful slamming the car into gear. You may and eventually will destroy a syncro. The clutch will be the least of your worries if that happens.

Ask a Question