2.5 vs 2.4 turbo - least problems

Reaction score
I am considering buying a new Subaru. I need to be able to drive on gravel bars at fishing locations. Can a Forester Limited do this. I fish the Smith, Chetco and Rogue rivers.

Any pics of the gravel bar?
A picture wouldn’t help as each one is different . Generally most have a compacted surface but the rocks are usually no larger tha 10 in to a foot in diameter. Some have10 to 20 degree incline, others have patches of loose sand and small gravel. There are some times puddles in the road a foot deep you have to go through

What do you drive now? A Subaru is mostly an economical vehicle with great gas mileage and a low price tag (base model). Light snow etc..
Anything more, you might consider a truck or Jeep.

I have seen some 2 wheel drive pickups on several bars. My above description is telling about the most challenging conditions encountered sometimes

You can put a lift on Subaru. I just put aggressive tires on mine, since I live in Massachusetts.

You can put a lift on Subaru. I just put aggressive tires on mine, since I live in Massachusetts.
I still have my stock Geolanders on my 2019 premium MT and have never needed a different. tire. I live in Mass also and were I am we get very(if any) snow. I'm not going to throw away $1000.00 on something I don't need'

I still have my stock Geolanders on my 2019 premium MT and have never needed a different. tire. I live in Mass also and were I am we get very(if any) snow. I'm not going to throw away $1000.00 on something I don't need'
I drive up to ski country and it’s really dumping this weekend! It’s nice to have good tires in days like this and I love the look

I bought a Subaru Outback with the 2.5 just in time for the January cold weather, and it was no problem getting around in the light snow and ice. However, I don't think it is meant for large rocks! In my experience, the turbo will use more fuel, but it can also be good for fast trips. My daughter's husband drives a "Bugeye" WRX and he decided to have the engine rebuilt last year. It wasn't cheap, at around $7k, but it saved the expense of buying a new car.

Subaru is not a 4x4 truck or Jeep. It’s meant for reliability and good gas mileage.. Yes, it take light snowy roads with the right tires of course, but that is it.

Ask a Question