'13 Turbo 5-spd - multiple MIL lamps lit up?

Reaction score
I took my daughter's ride to get a wheel alignment while she was skiing last week. My wife drove it home and parked it with no reported issues. I drove it to the car wash yesterday to get it ready for her return. This included a quick washdown of the engine compartment, similar to what I do without issue on my Viper and RAM pickup.

When I pulled out and headed home, the following lamps were lit up and will not clear:
ABS, Engine, Stability Control, Hill Holder; Cruise light flashes. I do not know for sure if these lights were lit on the way to the car wash because it was very bright out and only a couple of blocks drive with 2 stop signs.

Related symptoms:
Rough, low idle speed (~650 rpm) and aftermarket intercooler rattling against the underhood plastic. The car seemed to idle rough going to the car wash.

My Viper will occasionally get some water in the ECU or TPS and stumble for a minute or two, then clear out. I pulled the negative lead from the battery for approximately 30 seconds to try and reset the computer, but it had no effect. Other than the lights and idle, the car runs and drives fine. I cannot check any codes until tomorrow.

My daughter said she suspected the car wasn't lifted from correct hard points and the alignment shop may have gotten under the engine and stressed the motor mounts. I figure it is a possibility.

Does anyone care to take a stab at some reasonable causes?

OK - Here's the code list. Very interesting:

P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor
U1201 HS Cam Counter Abnormal
U1221 HS Cam ECM No Data
U1221 HS Cam ECM VDC No Data
C0021 RF ABS Sensor
C0071 Dynamics Control Engine Instruction
C0071 Steering Angle Sensor Malfunction
U1223 ABS VDC No Data

Would the U-codes be expected on a built motor with new cam(s)?
What about the C-codes - would a VSS and ABS sensor trigger the dynamics control?
Would a bad pothole or curb strike cause any of this?

So.....
he problem turned out to be the Steering Angle Sensor. It caused a cascade of interrelated tolerance check issues. The alignment shop recalibrated the sensor and cleared the codes. The result is a happy dashboard and a smooth idle.

Ask a Question