06 Forester X Rear brakes

Reaction score
I bought this car recently and found that my rear brakes are seized. I plan on doing my own work on this car for everything that doesn’t demand a full car lift. I’ve bought new calipers and am looking for recommendations on rotors and pads. Probably going to go ceramic on the pads. Are slotted rotors unessecary if I go ceramic pads? Thinking less dust and heat from ceramic will allow me to get a less expensive rotor. I’ve read that stopping power isn’t great on this era of foresters. I don’t need race performance but I do drive aggressively in the city every once in awhile. I also live in a Midwest city with terrible roads if that matters.

Hello, Robscure welcome to the forum.

Is the root cause of the rear brakes seized the calipers? Defective master cylinder, collapsed brake line? Just wondering?

As for the recommendation on rotor and pads. I use my local NAPA for those consumables if you are not wanting a racecar set up. I would say in my experience there is no need for a slotted rotor unless it is race application. From the sounds of your normal driving habits, I would pass on the rotors and use the money on something else.

Good luck and post some pictures of your fixes.

Ask a Question