Wheel sizes across Impreza

Reaction score
Folks:

New to the forum. Just bought a 2020 Impreza (base) for one of my kids who is entering college soon. It has 29K miles and is in good condition.

I've noticed the 16 inch steel wheels and hubcaps are rather a distraction to its appearance. So I may want to upgrade to a set of Subaru alloy wheels. Especially from someone who took off their alloy OEM 17s or 18s for a custom set and now wants to sell them. I know there are a lot out there that do that.

To my question: Does Subaru follow what many other manufactures do in terms of trim level compatibility? Meaning the difference from Base to Sport to Limited are mostly features, electronics and tires/trim. Thus, if an owner of a Base model wanted to go from 16 wheels/tires to 17 or 18s that wouldn't be an issue since the Sport or Limited run 17s and 18s and all 3 trims run the same chassis and same clearances. If I make sure they are OEM wheels, it generally should be fine. Right? Or am I mistaken here?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on my question!

TKH

This is correct and will not change the speedometer and ABS data.
The correct OEM or aftermarket wheels with the correct offset will work perfect.
You're welcome

Ask a Question