Wheel Flew Off While Driving; Dealer Accepts No Responsibility

Reaction score
AVOID THE SUBARU SUPERSTORE IN CHANDLER, AZ!

When my entire wheel flew off my car while I was driving last week, they claimed this was not their fault. Well, I don't know whose fault it was. Everyone who came across my car (towing company, strangers on the side of the road, even another Subaru dealer) all said that the lug nuts were not tightened properly. Subaru Chandler performed the previous service, which I had to pay $522 for since it was the in-depth 30K mile service, said this has nothing to do with them and will not take any responsibility whatsoever. Yes, it was 2 months prior but I do not drive my car often at all, except for road trips. I was even 2K miles behind on my mileage when I went for the 30K service. Fast forward 2K miles, and I'm on a single lane highway in bad weather, and I hear a boom, feel my car drop, and see my wheel roll away.

I'm lucky I didn't die or get hurt, or hurt or kill anyone else. If you value your safety at all, do not go to this dealer.

Ask a Question