Wheel bearings

Reaction score
I bought a used 2015 forester, she runs great. The issue I have is, excessive bearing noise. I drive on the highway a lot and usually have to change out bearings on the used cars I buy. This was a tough bearing. I had to hammer it off with a 10 pound sledge and an healthy amount of PB blaster. I put everything back together and now my ABS, VDC, and hill start assist lights are on. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this normal? I think I hit the old when hub so hard I might of bent the knuckle.

The wheel speed sensor/ABS sensor are very delicate and can tend to brake when removing and replacing a wheel bearing. Look for this sensor it has a 10mm bolt holding to the knuckle. This will cause the ABS and VDC light to come on. Good luck.

My 2017 forester with 50k miles needed rear bearings and they were a pain to remove. No issues with lights though.

Ask a Question