Upgraded Wheel Studs

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new here to the forum. I just wanted to post info for those of you who have had issues with broken or stripped wheel studs. As all of you know, our cars have the standard M12x1.25 size wheel studs. These studs are so sensitive to being either stripped or broken that if you have not had one strip or break you more than likely will break or strip one soon. Anyhow, I replaced my studs with part # PTC 97325, these studs are made to fit a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 turbocharged. The Dorman part #610414 will also work, although made for a Mitsubishi, these studs are identical in length and specs to the OEM studs, the only difference is the size of the threads that are a bit beefier.

Keep in mind that after swapping out the studs you will also have to swap out the lug nuts to the proper M12x1.50, I spent a total of $45 (studs+lugs) to perform the upgrade. Hope this helps anyone looking for a solution.

Ask a Question