Turbine speed sensor

Reaction score
I have a 07 Subaru legacy gt turbo limited 2.5 when I put the scanner on it, it coded p0715 or turbine speed sensor. Changed out the harness an speed sensors but it keeps going into limp mode. I don't know what else it can be. any suggestions.

And the transmission is a 4EAT or 5EAT? The description is for turbine speed sensor 1 or 2?

Measure speed sensor 1 and speed sensor 2 with Free SSM and an oscilloscope.

Free SSM 1.2.5 is PC based and working on older Subaru models without CAN, only K-Line.
Works with XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10. The application will access SSM full Engine and Transmission diagnostics.
Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freessm.berlios/files/latest/download
USB Cables used:
VAG-K + CAN USB (at times called KKL or K plus CAN)
OR (FTDI) FT232BL USB
Examples of operation:

The oscilloscope will measure a square wave and increase the cycles as RPM increases

Speed Sensor 1 is mounted at the front of the transmission, close to the mating surfaces of the engine and transmission.
This site also describes the location:

My oscilloscope and test equipment measures what has been described.

Attachments

• E-5AT Test.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 13
I have a 07 Subaru legacy gt turbo limited 2.5 when I put the scanner on it, it coded p0715 or turbine speed sensor. Changed out the harness an speed sensors but it keeps going into limp mode. I don't know what else it can be. any suggestions.

Did you figure out what the issue was?

Ask a Question